NCLEX Candidate Rules
Candidates must follow the NCLEX Candidate Rules during the administration of their exam at a Pearson Professional Center. Reviewing the NCLEX Candidate Rules before exam day provides candidates with testing room expectations, policies and procedures.Read the Rules
Exam Day Reminders
Be mindful of the following on exam day:
- DRESS COMFORTABLY: Hats, scarves, gloves and outerwear are to be left outside of the testing room. Provisions are made for religious/cultural dress.
- ARRIVE EARLY: Arrive at the test center at least 30 minutes before testing time. After more than 30 minutes late, candidates may be required to forfeit the appointment and will be required to reregister and pay another exam fee.
- PROVIDE YOUR BIOMETRICS: Signature, photograph and palm vein scan are all required to be captured to be admitted to test.
- RECEIVE MATERIALS: An on-screen calculator and erasable note board/marker for making notes will be provided.
- SET YOUR PACE: Candidates have five hours to complete the NCLEX, including breaks. Take time to analyze each question carefully—once a response is submitted candidates cannot return to that question.
- FINISHING UP: The test will end with a short survey. Afterwards, candidates should raise their hand and wait for the test administrator to dismiss them.
NCLEX candidates will follow the check-in process below at all Pearson Professional Centers on the day of their exam.
- PERSONAL DEVICES: Candidates are required to store electronic devices (cell/mobile/smart phones, tablets or other electronic devices) in sealable plastic bags provided by Pearson VUE at the test center. Candidates who refuse to store their electronic devices in the Pearson VUE provided plastic bag upon check-in will not be allowed to test. They will be required to reregister and pay another exam fee for any additional NCLEX appointments.
- TECHNICAL ISSUES: Occasionally, technical problems may require rescheduling of an exam. If circumstances arise causing candidates to wait more than 30 minutes after the scheduled appointment time or a restart delay lasts longer than 30 minutes, candidates will be given the choice of continuing to wait or rescheduling the appointment without an additional fee.
- VISITORS: Friends, relatives or children are not allowed to wait in the test center or contact the candidate while taking the examination.
- CANDIDATE STATEMENT: Candidates will be directed to read the Candidate Statement and provide an electronic signature, agreeing to the terms and conditions of the NCLEX.
When to Expect Exam Results
Please note that the exam score is not available and will not be released at the test center. Official results are ONLY available through your nursing regulatory body (NRB).Result Details